Hi im new to this website, am hoping someone can help me out....heres what happened...

I was at the local shopping centre standing in line waiting to be served, was holding onto the trolley with one hand and had my 8 month old in the other....

I started to feel lightheaded so put my daughter into the trolley, next thing my heart started to beat at an unbelievable pace. i could see it when i looked down. i put my hand on my chest then my vision started going funny (i had my eyes open and everything kept going black) i tried to take a breath but its like it stopped halfway to my lungs and couldnt go any further. so i slowly knelt down and tried to get my heart to slow down by breathing slowly....eventually my heart just started beating normally.

Ive had this happen to me a few times before but nowhere near as severe as this...

quite often i get what i describe to doctors as "a stitch in my heart". everytime this happens i have to take quick short breaths to control it and for the pain to go away...it basically feels like the sharp pain u get when u get a stitch after exercising etc. but that pain is only there when i try to breathe in..

has anyone experienced this??? i googled it (as most ppl do) and the result that came up the most was Mitral Valve Prolapse... im wanting to know if there are any other likely causes...

Hi gabbi,
As I know, mitral valve prolapse can be regulated with beta-blockers AND blood thinners (aspirin or warfarin).Do you use any of these regularly? Have you mentioned this to your doctor?

hi,

no im not on any medications. i have spoken to doctors about it before and they dont take me seriously. Which is why im turning to this for suggestions before seeing the doctor again.

thanks