I am a 28 year old overweight woman with two children. After my second child was born in Dec. 2002, starting Jan. 2003-Jun. 2004 I was on depo provera and had no period until March 2006. I bled for 9 months straight with heavy clotting and my doctor tried everything to slow down the bleeding, but nothing stopped it. Finally in Dec 2006 it just stopped on its own, with a random light period here and there afterwards up until 6 months ago when my period finally was back to a "normal" basis, as in every month. But these "normal" periods are awful....it starts for 2 days spotting then 2 weeks heavy bleeding/clotting massivly, sometimes the size of golf balls! Then after two weeks of pure hell, its normal for 3-4 days and then stops. I know I'm overweight but not by that much im only 207 lbs at 5'6. What is wrong with me? Why am I doing this so heavy so long? Can anyone give me a reasonable answer for this for me to discuss with my doctor? I'm ready to tell him just do a hystorectomy and take it all out so I don't have to worry about it anymore.....

Hi Angel! Before you go to the extreme of having a hysterctomy ask to get a DNC! The doctor scrapes out the lining of your uterus! This can REALLY Rectify heavy clotting etc. Also has your doctor talked about putting you another BCP such as Yaz? You do need to have some balancing of the hormones! So after he/she cleans your lining out, you can then get on the right treatment of hormones! NOW if that didn't work, I would suggest having a hysterectomy if you are done having children! There is also where they embolize(?) The uterine linings, so you don't get any more periods!! This is also drastic too! Many women have whacky hormones - which can cause either excessive bleeding or cesstation of bleeding all together! So I think you should ask for a blood work up to check on your hormones! Please let me know how you make out, and I hope I helped you a bit! Good luck and health honey!