I have had my period for over two weeks. It started out normal but the last week have had heavy clotting & bright red blood. I feel fine otherwise. I have had surgery for endometriosis twice in the last five years. I am starting to freak out, keep hoping it will stop. Plan to call the Dr. on Monday but very scared about results. I am 35 years old, had two miscarriages in the past and endured fertility treatments for years with no success.

Hi Kay! First of all a BIG hug to you!!! I feel for your journey through all of this! IF you are feeling fine and not feeling faint etc, then you can wait till Monday! BUT if you start feeling faint or blled too much then you need to go to the hospital! There are drugs that can stop your bleeding!

Have you had a DNC in the past? It sounds like that darn Endometriosis is back!!! >:( Did they ever mention if there was a reason why you had the miscarriages - lack of lining etc?

I think you need to be seen more and maybe have some time out from drug therapy and evasive surgeries etc.! Where did they find the Endo before?

Hi Bambi. Thanks for you reply. I think I feel fine, just really nervous. I have not had any fertility drugs in almost two years. We have pretty much given that up. Have been on an adoption waiting list for over a year now, decided to try that path however it is an emotional & frustating wait. I did have a D&C after my first miscarriage, about five years ago. When I had the second endometriosis surgery the actually removed one of my tubes, it was so damaged. The endo was also wrapped around my bowel. I figure this has something to do with all of that. I am just dreading calling the Dr. because I am afraid to get involved in all of that again. Thought I had put that behind me :-( The bleeding seemed to have slowed down the last day or two but seems to be back on now pretty heavy. Ughhh. Thanks again for the support

Hi Kay! It MIGHT not be Endo, you might just need another DNC! I know this can do wonders for women with clotting! How are your bowel movements, and eating, and any pain during sex?

What would a DNC do? Isn't that just for miscarriage? Is that what you think this is?

My eating, sex & bowel movements seem fine.

Thank you so much for your help.

A DNC is a scraping of the glots and extra uterine lining MANY women have it done to help them get rid of too much lining! Then there is the extremem version - Endometrial Liblation! BUT I think you are too young for that, and also there can't be ANY pregnancy after that!

Since you haven't had any problems with the other, this might be a GOOD thing that you don't have Endo! You will definitely need to see your doctor honey! Someone told me once that IF you stick your head in the sand, someone will come by and kick uou in the bum! And this TOTALLY sums up IF you disregard mother nature telling you something is wrong! IF it's a negative, you will need it solved, If it's a positive you will be relieved!

Thank you Bambi! I will let you know how I make out

Your welcome honey! Sorry for the terrible spelling, I was just watching the Vancouver Opening Ceremonies!!!! A PROUD CANADIAN!! Here!!! ;-)

Take a multivitamin with iron - just incase you start becoming anemic with the clots!

For women experiencing heavy bleeding please make sure you go to the doctor to make sure your blood levels don't get too low. This could be life threatening. If you continue to bleed your dr/gyn can prescribe megestrol or something else to stop the bleeding. The main thing is go to the Dr to prevent the need of possible blood transfusion or other health issues.