Hello! I am 22 years old girl and for the last couple of months I have been experiencing blood clots during my periods. First, I didn’t pay much attention to it but as they became regular I also became a little bit worried. Is this normal or could there be an underlying problem? Thank you in advance!!!!

Hi there! I believe this blood clots are perfectly normal. I also get them when my period is heavy and when I have cramps. Usually, those things called anti-coagulants are made to avoid clots but sometimes when there is heavy bleeding, the body is pushing blood so quickly out of you that the body doesn’t have time to release these anti-coagulants. Then the blood clots. However, if you experience any additional problems, you can always talk to your doctors.

mayville wrote:

I have had my period for 64 days now, and I bleed alot and alot of clots...I am worried about it but have no insurance I am not sure if anything can be done about it.........Oh yeah I am 39 years old, I had 4 children by the time I was 19 years old. WOW I havent even told my family about this....any advise????

Hey, I am 29 years old with one child 7 years of age. I have been bleeding now for about 30 days now and I have also bee experiencing a lot of blood clotting. Im scared cause I was trying hard to get pregnant again but every time I test its negative could all this bleeding and cramping that im having be me loosing my baby.