My mother feels she may be hitting menopause as she is 46, she has had her period for approximately a month and a half where she had a two week break after reciving an injection to stop the bleeding from our GP. Now she is clotting so badly that she feels she is giving birth and the clots look like organs.or approximately the size of a kidney. The clots resemble a liver in texture and not like a normal blood clot.The is constantly dizzy and experiences horrid cramps. she had a cyst on her ovary about 22 years ago and lost the one ovary and the other fallopian tube is 96% blocked. She has had no problem for the last 22 years till now.What could be the cause of this? or what is the possibilities. She refuses Hospital treatment and I fear this may be her only option. Please help!

My sister had a period for 28 days. since then she hasnt had another one,That was over a year ago. Her Dr. said your not even starting menopause till you havent had a period for a year,
I have had way heaver periods then I have ever had. lots of clotting, cant say there as big of clotting as your mom. but my Dr says its normal, I just had a pap 3 weeks ago and everything checked out ok. I not only have the heavyyyyy bleeding but the cramps are killer

I had a laparoscopic tubal ligation in April of 2003. Since having the surgery, I have periods that are very strange to me. My question is whether or not my periods are normal. Sometimes I go two to three months without one, cramping as if I am having a period. Then when I do have one, I may cramp for a few days at a time prior, then bleed for 8 to 9 days clotting the first 3 days. The following month, I may have one for 3 days, then I miss it for another month or two. Yesterday I was hit by pain in my abdomen that literally knocked me to the floor and when I stood, I couldn't stand up straight. I tried to reach above my head to retrieve something from a kitchen cabinet and pain shot from the right side of my abdomen up toward my rib, and from there, I hit the floor. I had been feeling the affects of my period getting ready to start for a week. I tasted and smelled blood for the last 3 days days but had seen none until about noon. I went to the restroom and when I wiped myself, there was a small spot of blood. Not long after I went to the restroom, I felt as if I had to go again. This time, there was pressure as if something was being pushed through and really thick blood came slowly falling, I mean, really slow. When it all finished, it was about the size of a golf ball. I got light headed and weak instantly. Not even ten minutes later, I was back in the restroom, like I REALLY had to go, this time only light spots when I wiped. After leaving the restroom, I felt as if I had weights on my legs and my chest was swollen and sore and the cramps began to get stronger as if I were in labor without meds. Now I'm at work over 12 hours later, still cramping like crazy and can barely sit. Every other time I've gone to the restroom, I have seen spots of clots like a silver dollar

Hi my name is Kristin I had the same procedure done in August of 2007 and though I have horrible periods that are also very heavy ( we estimate that I lose about 7 - 9 oz a period ) and I also have some serious clot issues. I think you should get checked out at the ER for some assistance, for your symptoms sound quite bad, now I am no doctor by any means, But that sounds really bad and painful. It might have to do with the tubal ligation or maybe nothing at all. I am currently working with my gynecologist on ways to slow down or stop my period, maybe someone can do the same for you. |wish you Good luck I hope everything turns out well.

To OP- it might not be clots, but pieces of the uterus lining! It never got in use, so it's getting rid of the excess tissue. That happened to me after a 6 month pause from the pill and after starting again- boom- i got so scared- i thought i had a miscarriage or smth. It definitely wasn't a clot- it was , sorry for the word, meat, flesh... My gyno explained it to me- said it couldn't have been a miscarriage.