Hi ,
been having intense pain for about a month now on my right side under rib cage & down intestinal track ,have been very costipated lately too became very light headed & dizzy yesterday as if i was going to pass out ... ate but decided to go to work ... while at work I just didn't feel good & decided to leave as i was leaving I passed out was o nly out for a few seconds but very confused & disorientated had to get a ride home .. which than resulted in a trip to the ER which was useless .. blood normal ,urine normal , CT normal ,EKG good & chest Xray too.. I have recently been diagnosed with a Hiatal hernia ... seems like when I eat or drink this pain gets worse ... I am scheduled for a Sonogram in a few days & than I Colonscopy has any one felt like this & what can you do to relieve it ....? thanks Sue

Since you have been diagnosed with hiatal hernia, these symptoms are most likely caused by conditions that always follow hiatal hernia. Most often of them are reflux diseases - acid or bile reflux and gastritis (inflammation of stomach lining) or esophagus (stomach acid irritates esophagus to the point of inflammation) - I've experienced all of these side conditions, only it wasn't because of the hernia, but because of the ulcer. So, it will always get worse after meals if you don't start to pay extra attention to what you eat - nothing late at night, that has proven to be the safest way to avoid troubles in the morning for me. And no acidic, spicy meals - no tomato, lemon, sodas... And, I'm quite surprised you didn't get treatment for all this when you were diagnosed with hernia - medications like Nexium are able to control all these symptoms. Meanwhile - be very careful what you eat and try some milder antacid. Hope you will get the therapy in a few days... hate to read you suffer like I did, but there is solution, so just hang on and keep me posted