I was about to take a shower and I seem a little bump on my stomach, like right in the middle.. It doesn't hurt and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I woke up this morning. My friends told me I should go get it checked out

The presence of a lump on the sternum in the chest. Although there are cases where the lump is a tumor or some other serious cause, in a large percentage of cases the most probable explanation for a sternum lump is found in a normal body part: the xiphoid process. Other issues such as hernias or tumors may be responsible in some cases. The sternum is one of the primary bone structures in the chest. This structure runs vertically through the middle of the upper body. Its primary function lays in anchoring and connecting the ribs. The sternum begins with a dip at the base of the throat called the sternal notch. The resulting V-shape may feel like one or two knots. These lumps are normal.Around roughly the center of the chest, the sternum ends in a bone and cartilage protrusion. The protrusion is known as the xiphoid process or xiphisternum, and different individuals have varying sizes and shapes of the structure. In some individuals, the xiphoid process is more prominent and sticks out away from the chest. This anatomical feature may feel like a hard lump on the sternum, especially if an individual is in a reclining position. Weight loss may also cause the xiphoid process to become more noticeable.

Hope this helped you out :)