I am 32 years old and was diagnosed with having a cyst in my spleen that has been growing since I was 16 years old, due to a car accident that I was in. I had surgery to have the cyst removed from my spleen on 7-13-12. The cyst was larger than a softball. The surgeon removed the cyst and packed the space where the cyst was with fat and I was able to keep my spleen. Since surgery my left side is fine and the cuts (was done laproscopically) look great. However I am having severe pains on my right side in my rib (toward the bottom). I had a chest xray & blood work done yesterday and that all checked out fine. Someone please help me as to why I am hurting in my right rib. It only hurts when I breathe deep and when I move a certain way. Please if anyone has any input I woud greatly appreciate it. I am so frustrated I am ready to cry. 

Hello, seems like you are experiencing some problems that at first dont seem to be related to you recent surgery. However, you might be experiencing the pain because of the shift of your organs. I mean, having a surgery like that, where doctor removes cyst that big from your body could take some time for your body to adapt to it. Its been there for 16 years and now its gone, so probably it will take some time for you to get rid of pain. If you are really freaked out, you should go do the ultrasound of your liver, because the liver is on your right side below the rib cage. 

Thank you. It has really been worrying me. I will call the nurse this afternoon and see about scheduling something.

What did they say? How are you feeling?

After a while it eased off. The only thing I was told is that maybe it was referred pain. Everything seems to be back to normal now. Thanks so much for the help. :)

Glad to hear you are on the mend :)

Thank you very much. :)