Hi i've found a lump right above my right clavicle, it is little bigger then a pea and it's hard as a rock,, should i be worried?

Hello! Do you think that the lymph is a swollen lymph node or maybe a fracture of the clavicle? Did you have any trauma to the area?

I fell two years ago and broke my clavicle. A bump appeared a little bit above the bone-my doctor said it was from the fracture. But I also experienced the swelling and the pain.
I had a splint adjusted and had to sleep with a lot of pillows so I wouldn’t roll on the broken bone. Do you have any accompanying symptoms or it’s just the lump?

Hi and Thankyou!!!!

No i havent had any injury, etc, it is hard as heck, and it is not on my bone it is right above my right clavicle,, i'm thinking its a lymph node, Oh i dont know, but any advise??

Thankyou

shell

Well, it could be a lymph node and if it worries you so much and if it appeared sudenly then you should have it looked at, to try to determine what it really is and possible cause for its appearance. It is really impossible to say anythinh online about it.

See a doc! Good luck!

Hi well i went to a doc and said it is definiatly a lymph node, and they took some blood and I had a chest x-ray and now need a biopsy, sooooooooooo we will see, i am a little scared, and also any advise would be soooooooo grateful!!!

Thankyou

I ALSO HAVE A LUMP, I'VE HADE A U/S DONE AND X-RAY THIS WEEK I WILL HAVE A CT DONE THE RADIOLOGIST AND MY DOCTOR ARE STUMPED.

What did they say when they did an x-ray? Did they say anything about what they though or they just ordered a biopsy. Did they say what kind of biopsy they will perform? Are they going to do a needle biopsy or remove a part or a whole lymph node?

The thing with lymph nodes is that they produce white blood cells that are the first thing an infectious agent runs into when it enters the body. When there is an inflammation present, a node can swell as it produces more and more white blood cells to fight the infection and the causative agents. The lymph nodes also try to trap cancer cells.

A doctor may decide to perform a needle biopsy or an open biopsy. In needle biopsy, a sample is taken by inserting a needle (of course). You will be given a local anesthetic.

In an open biopsy, the node is either fully removed or just one its part and sent for a lab testing. You may be given either a local or a general anesthetic.

You should get the results after a few days. Let us know how it went!

Hi Helene, thankyou for your reply, its nice to talk to someone, when i went for the x-ray they just did it and I did ask "did you see anything?: and they said they couldn't say that the radioligist had to read it first, My doctor didn't say what kind of biopsy the surgen will do I have to go this week to see him then we will know more, They are looking for cancer apparently when you have a enlarged lymphnode above your clavicle it is nessassary to do these tests, It is hard and nothing i've ever felt before, I mean when i get a sore throat my lymph nodes under my chin in the neck area get enlarged, this is different, and to tell you the truth kindof scarey, anyway i'll let you know how things go,

Thanks again

Shell

Hi Shell!

Have you had a biopsy done yet? What did ther results say?

Helene

hi
i read your posts
i have a large hard lump near my right clavicle
i have had an x-ray- nothing shows
i have had a CT - nothing shows
i had a MRI- and have been told by one nurse that it is synovium.

is this what the other people had?
and how was it treated?

So glad I found this message board while looking for answers. Two weeks ago I descovered a large lump on the end of my right clavicle closest to the middle of my neck. I went to the dr. who said I had broken my clavicle, but we would get an x-ray to make sure. Since I had some trouble doing things with that arm I agreed it could be broken. X-ray showed no break, so she ordered an ultrasound. It showed a large dark mass on the bone and the radiologist determined that it needed to be biopisied. I am waiting for an appointment now. In January I had a flu of some sort and went to dr. She determined it was a virus and prescribed nothing. The cough has hung on to where I cough constantly. Dr. didn't seem to think the lump and virus were connected but it seems as if they might tie in together. Any ideas appreciated.

what happened, mine is the size of a pea and appeared suddenly couple of days ago, not gone to doctor yet

Hi, I "dumped" my motorcycle and hit my shoulder on the ground, and then, a few weeks later, a large Rubbermaid bin fell from the shelf on my closet, and hit me on the chest. That night, I felt a lump, but forgot about the bin thing, and went to the doctor the next day, because I had read online about supraclavicular lymph nodes, and I was terrified. My PA scared me more..sent me to a surgeon, who looked at the chest xrays done at the ER, and said that I had an injury in which some sort of "tissue" popped out of the end of the clavicle (by the breastbone) and caused the "lump." He wanted another xray in a few weeks and I had one about 3 weeks later, in which the radiologist never said anything about a node, or anything..just "negative" chest xray. The lump is still there, and I periodically get nervous that someone missed something...so, what did anyone else who had the same thing find out about THEIR lump? Thanks!

I have the same thing.. It is tender. Just noticed it this weekend. I want to know what you folks found out.

I also have a lump above my collarbone and it has been there for almost four years. When I asked my doctor about it he said not to worry about it. But now it has gotten bigger and it feels like it is lumpy. I am a college student and the doctor who told me not to worry was my doctor when my family lived in New York and now they live in Iowa but I go to college in Minnesota. I am really scared right now. The thing is I also have NF or Nuero-fribroma-tosis which is a disorder that forms tomors on various nerves and other stuff. If anyone has any advice it would be really great.