Few days ago I developed symptoms like nausea, fever, headache and abdominal pain. What scared me the most was that my urine has started to be very dark yellow colored. That reminds me the symptoms of hepatitis, doesn’t it? I had unprotected intercourse about a week ago. Is that period long enough for symptoms of hepatitis to develop? How long does it usually take to have them?

Well those symptoms also remind me common flu. Sometimes people infected with hepatitis may not develop symptoms. But sooner or later, chronic asymptomatic form lead to liver cirrhosis, this means that liver cells were irreversibly destroyed. Hepatitis infection is diagnosed by blood tests. But as I think it takes a bit longer for symptoms to develop. You can not be sure without having blood tests, and that is absolutely the think that you should do, because hep is not the only possible consequence of unprotected intercourse. Dark urine color can be caused by some foods also, or when water intake is sdecreased.