Hi, guys. Lately I have been experiencing some problems with my heartbeat. I am experiencing palpitations and this is beginning to bother me. Are there any herbs that I can use? I think that I am too young for pills. I am 26 years old. All your replies will be more than appreciated.

Hello there! I found that very little research has been done with natural herbs or nutrients in the prevention or therapy of heart palpitations. The nutrients and herbs that perhaps could be helpful in heart palpitations prevention or treatment are: 1) fish oils may reduce the frequency and severity of heart palpitations. Fish oils and omega-3 fatty acids have been studied for heart arrhythmia more than any other natural supplements. Fish oils stabilize cardiac cell membranes; 2) flax seed oil has omega 3 fatty acids and may help, but flax seed oil may not be as effective as fish oil; 3) carnitine in amounts less than 100 mg a day; 4) CoQ10 in amounts less than 30 mg a day may be helpful; 5) Magnesium has been used for heart palpitations and many doctors find this mineral to be quite helpful at 200 to 400 mg a day initially and then reduced to 100 to 200 mg a day; 6) resveratrol is a natural antioxidant, there is little human research regarding its influence on heart rhythm or heart palpitations; 7) berberine and berbamine are potential agents to be considered; 8) hawthorn herb has been tested in rodents and found to have potential benefits against arrhythmias. I hope this will help you. All the best!