More and more, I am becoming convinced that herbal medicine is the way to go, and that overdoing medication does more harm than good. Now, I have a problem with cardiac arrhythmia and I am hoping that there are some people here who would be able to advice me about any herbal treatments of cardiac arrhythmia. Anyone?

Cardiac arrhythmia means an irregular heartbeat, but that can have several causes, and you would ideally need to find out what the cause of your cardiac arrhythmia is. Failing that, I did hear that gingko biloba is a remedy that can help you, and will certainly not cause you any harm. For the treatment to have any effect, you will need to get first grade supplements though.

Actually Ginko biloba could make your arrythmia worse depending on what is causing it. the following MAY help but you should go to your GP as some arrythmias can be life threatening. If you feel near fainting or faint or dizzy when you have arrythmia you should consider it a medical emergency.

Fish oils may reduce the frequency and severity of heart palpitations. Fish oils and omega-3 fatty acids have been studied for heart arrhythmia more than any other natural supplements. Fish oils stabilize cardiac cell membranes.

Flax seed oil has omega 3 fatty acids and may help, but flax seed oil may not be as effective as fish oil.

Carnitine in amounts less than 100 mg a day

CoQ10 in amounts less than 30 mg a day may be helpful.

Magnesium has been used for heart palpitations and many doctors find this mineral to be quite helpful at 200 to 400 mg a day initially and then reduced to 100 to 200 mg a day.

Resveratrol is a natural antioxidant, there is little human research regarding its influence on heart rhythm or heart palpitations.

Berberine and berbamine are potential agents to be considered.

Hawthorn herb has been tested in rodents and found to have potential benefits against arrhythmias.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web
addresses not allowed***