My alt is 142 my ast is 112 my doctor has watched these and this is the highest they have been. Have had a liver biopsy and all came out fine??
any idea why these are high

Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) is an enzyme that is produced in a significant amount within the liver cells. When the liver cells are inflamed or undergoing cell death, ALT leaks into the blood stream leading to a rise in the serum level. So an elevated level of serum ALT always indicates liver damage. Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), on the other hand, is found in significant amount not just in liver cells, but also in heart muscle and skeletal muscle cells. Therefore, elevated serum AST level is not specific for liver cell damage, but may be useful for confirmation purpose. A liver biopsy is not error-proof, as the needle may miss its mark and extracted the healthy liver cells rather than the diseased ones.