Hi. I have a drinking problem and now thinking about the liver function test. Don`t know anything about that test and want to hear any kind of info. Heard that some patients were confused about certain point of the test. So, is there anybody who could tell me about liver function test?

Hi, LFT stands for a wide range of normal liver functions. Many people got confused because they don`t understand the meaning of the liver function test. The test will give you evaluation of the types of proteins present in your serum. It will show your alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, alkaline phosphatase, gamma glutamic transpeptidase, bilirubin and albumin level, platelet count and prothrombin time. You should do the test, but you should also cleanse your liver. Give your liver some detoxification. Start with milk thistle, vitamins E and C, veggies. Twice a year do the liver cleansing.