Hi. My father's ALT liver enzymes were about 80 units per liter of serum – I think I spelled everything correctly – and it was judged as a mildly high level. What does it mean?

ALT values are generally mildly increased in cases of pancreatitis (pancreas inflammatory); sometimes their slight elevation points to the problems with heart or mononucleosis… Still, they are significantly increased in cases of hepatitis, and moderately increased in cirrhosis, liver tumor, obstructive jaundice, and severe burns… Only the comparison with the level of the ALP enzyme can interpret the meaning of ALT level.

Hallo,
ALT test is done to determine if you have any kind of liver damage. The test determines the amount of liver enzymes in your blood, or your fathers in this case. When liver cells are damaged or they die the level of enzymes will be elevated. Hepatitis is one condition that can make your fathers enzymes show in high amount in his blood test. Can you tell me if he is using any kind of medication right now and how old is he? Diet plays important role here and fast foods can infect the level of liver enzymes in his blood. So if he is eating too much fast food he will have to change his habits to get better.