Hi, in the blood test all figures are normal, except ALT which is increased 160. My doctor says that I have to do some more tests. What should this mean? Is it some serious condition?

I had ALT 120 and AST 80, when I was using some strong medicine which caused liver damage. ALT is alaninaminotrnsferase, an enzyme produced in liver cells. When the liver cells are damaged it is being released in the blood and it’s level increases from the normal values. This can be sign of hepatitis and the cause can be viral infection or alcohol or drug-induced. Have you been using some medications lately? If you have, you must tell your doctor about that. However, it’s very unusual that only ALT is increased, other liver cell enzymes should also been increased when these cells are damaged. Now, you have to do more research. Wish you luck!