Reference range 155-379 x10e3/ my platelete count was 385 and high do o have anythink to worry about I've been suffering foot and leg muscle twitching and tingling in my feet and legal also when I tough the tops of my feet I get a shooting pain that goes to my toes also have joint pain and lost alot of weight and muscle mass over the last few months should I be concerned suffered with and of stress over the last few months hope Simone can help

Hello Mikey,

high platelets count is usually a sign of some other condition and it definitely needs to be investigated further. It can be caused by a number of things, from connective tissue disorders (which might explain why you're experiencing muscle twitching), to iron deficiency anemia, B12 vitamin deficiency, various infections and inflammatory diseases... the list goes on and on.

So, what you need to do is to take these results and go back to your doctor, so you can finally determine what was the cause of your high blood platelets result,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole