Hi, I was diagnosed with a high platelet count. A doctor said that there could be many reasons for that. She will send me to do some more tests, and then I will know the final diagnose. What can elevated platelet count indicate?

A high platelet count is called thrombocytosis. It can have many reasons, but two most common are that the cells produce more platelets and that the spleen removes less platelets from the body. I don’t know how serious your condition is, but elevated platelet count can lead to clots when there’s no need for them. Reactive (secondary) thrombocytosis can indicate many things, for example infection, blood loss, inflammatory disorders, tissue damage or even some medicines. Essential thrombocytosis can indicate a blood disorder. You should also have in mind that elevated platelets can indicate a rheumatoid arthritis. The joints are most at risk here. If you want to treat your condition, you have to realize which underlying cause you have.

right upper quadrant pain 10 months lots of test all negative, please, what could be wrong

get lever checked.

my blood count is 30lakhs is it a problem?? please suggest me

I was diagnosed with chronic ITP in 2007 my platelet count was only 3,000 after 3 months in hospital, 8 rounds of chemo and spleenectomy I started to recover. I have been in remission for 3 years now. I had blood work done last week and was surprised to find out that I had elevated platelet count of 450,000 what's that about?

get ultrasound my sister has the same and it was cancer