I have been diagnosed with Thrombocytopenia. What is it??? It seems that I have low platelet count 90 mil/mml. Is that dangerous? Can you explain me please?

Thrombocytopenia is the term for a low platelet count and it happens when platelets are lost from the circulation faster than they can be replaced from the bone marrow where they are made. Those are tiny cells that circulate in the blood and whose function is to take part in the clotting process.The platelet count is normally between 150 and 400 million per milliliters of blood.

I have that too. I'm not sure what to do about it but sometimes I eat eggplant which I think I read once might help. If I feel too tired I also take iron. Mine has been dropping for years but my doctor isn't concerned. Some Lyme disease coinfections such as Bartonella can cause that too. (The latter can cause low red blood platelets as well as swelling under the arms, the same as cancer can). The way I look at it, I may be at less risk of dying from a heart attack than most because of the thinner blood, although I am more careful now about taking too many blood thinning things like Ginko, Garlic, Vitamin E, and Turmeric, especially all on the same day! Don't know that anyone has answers for low red blood platelets yet, but many people seem to have this. I have spots all over my legs. Could be something serious and maybe not. If you have rheumatoid arthritis, especially, chances are it may well indeed be caused by Lyme (which is quite a deadly disease and even worse if you don't know much about it. It's a cousin of syphilis, although a disease much worse, and is generally spread by ticks, although some types of Borellia may be spread sexually, which a lot of doctors are still unaware of. Lyme is one of the fastest growing infectious diseases in the world today. If your entire body feels like rigor mortis is setting in, and/or you suffer from very severe and frequent muscle spasms and/or bone problems and/or troubles with falling often, sometimes making you act as if you have MS or Parkinson's, I think you should ask for a Lyme test as many of these types of patients do indeed have Lyme and are often also misdiagnosed as having MS, Parkinson's, ALS, Crohns, Fibromyalgia, Alzheimers and other serious degenerative disorders. Unfortunately Lyme testing in most parts of the world, however, is generally very poor and most doctors still know almost nothing about it.