Im 16 , Today i had blood test results and my doctor said everything was fine apart from a high platelet count which is probably due to an infection , He said to have another blood test in about a month and we'll see if the platelet count has gone down , he said i have nothing to worry about but my anxiety is just driving me mad , Most of the cancers that are associated with high platelet count i think i'm too young for e.g lung , gastrointestinal , breast and ovarion.  although i'm terribly worried about lymphoma as the reason i had the blood test was due to slightly enlarged lymph nodes in my neck and groin i've been prodding around with. I just wanna stop worrying now its driving me mad , Just to let you know about a week and a half before the blood test I got over a terrible cough and cold which my doctor said was probably bronchitis at the time. Im currently experiencing strange diarrhea and slight ache/pain above pubic bone, So wondering if its an infection causing swollen nodes and high platelets or thinking of the worst outcome that i have cancer :( help please

Hi Leon,

If you keep stressing yourself out you are going to have many more health problems than this, you need to relax for optimal health.  Deep breathing exercises go along way for a lot of people.

As you can see from your google searches there a lot of reasons for a high platelet count, one big reason for you is either of the two (probably) and not related to cancer at all.  Bronchitis is an infection which can platelet count to skyrocket - this is the way your body or anyone's body fights off infections naturally and on its own.  You also have enlarged lymph nodes which is another sign of infection again another reason for increased platelet count.

You could be experiencing diarrhea due to the stress you are causing your body and cramping internally.  Relax with a hot bath and that should relax your abdominal cramping which should relieve your diarrhea too.

Hope this helps and good luck

Thanks a lot lizardqueen , I 100% agree that i need to stop stressing and I think i need to pull myself together! Im always thinking of the worst scenario and by stressing i think i make myself 10 times worse.

What was the result of your test? My doc just told me today that I have a high platelet count, but I'm just getting over a bad chest cold.