i had a surgical abortion about a week ago and my lower back and hips have been hurting ever since.
i already had a baby and got the epidural [which i think is why my lower back hurts because it'll hurt from time to time]
but i dont understand why my hips hurt also or why so much.is this normal or should i be concerned? thank you.

Your pain may be due to post-surgical complications. To be on the safe side, see a doctor.

Hello dreambbii, 

I have to agree with hoseclamps’ advice – if you are still experiencing pain that doesn’t get any better or even is spreading toward your hips after the surgical abortion, you will have to see a doctor about this. Some cramping and pain after the abortion are normal and expected, but hip pain, especially if you never experienced any pain similar to this, is not usual.

Even if this was liked to epidural shot, still, it is far more connected to the recent abortion, so for you to be on the safe side, you have to assume that there is some chance for this to be abortion complication. Most of them are completely treatable, so sooner you get the treatment, the better.