For well over a year, I have been having sharp pains in my hips which feels like it is in my joints, and my back pain has been feeling like a constant ache. I went to the doctor In January and in Febuary. They could not see anything in the x-rays so they sent my to physio therapy in hope it would rid me of my problems. my Physiohterapist diagonosed me with Bursitis, and with her help things started to get better. I stopped having pain in my hips but still have back pain. Over time, My back or spine now "Cracks" and it really hurts, along with "Cracking" when I move my shoulder blades. My hip pain is also comming back. My hips also shift out of socket and standing really makes the pain worse in my back and hips. What's wrong with me? :-(

Hi Hon! I must be related to you, I have suffered the same thing for years. I - and my children - have a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome! Ther are 12 types, If you hip is starting to come out of its socket I will hazzard a guess you have EDS Type II. This syndrome is in the Arthritis family! So the 1st thing to do is ask to see a Rheumatologist. He/She will ask you a few questions. But I will tell you some things to look out for. ASLO it might not be that, but something very close to it. There are MANY arthritis conditions. To help right now, take Ibuprofen, it is far better than Tylenol or Asprin and less side affects. Also keep your legs raised when in bed. And DO NOT crack yourself OK? I know sometimes it feels better, but believe me it just aggravates the joint.

So here are some of the other big indicators of EDS: Light pale skin, Soft skin, EXTREMELY bendy joints - double jointed perhaps!, the whites of your eyes have a blue tint. Your skin can be very thin and almost see through. Long eyelashes, your skin doesn't heal very nicely after a cut - it can look like a stretched piece of skin instead of a seam, You CAN have heart problems and digestive problems. But those are rarer cases. The main points of EDS are the flexible joints, fair soft skin - kind of like a shammy, easy bruising and bad healing.

Like I said hon, it might not be this, but it is DEFINITELY some sort of bone disorder - which there are many! So ask your doctor to make you a referal to a Rheumatologist. And he/she will see that you are taken care of. Bring up the EDS ok! AND do me and yourself a favor, don't go on too many sites about it OK? There are many people out there writing things that can really frighten you. That is what I did when my son was 1st diagnosed, and I was a MESS. It is a treatable ailment, and my boys have fine normal lives. I don't because I'm older and have more things going on. BUT that's not from the EDS its other things. So think positive, get your pain under control - another drug you can use is Naprosin. Ask your doctor for that too. That REALLY helps, and isn't as upsetting for your stomach. Good luck hun and let me know if I can help you further.

You mentioned above about " If your Hip is coming out of socket I will hazard a guess you have EDS Type II". When I read that first, what instantly came to my mind was my hip does move out of socket sometimes but it always pops right back in. I do have pale,soft skin, and my joints are very flexible, especially in my hands (the fingers). I have several Stretch marks and I bruise easily. I have asked my Doctor for Pills to ease the pain, but they have not helped and I have taken every over-the-counter pain reliever imaginable and the pain persists!

I went to the Janeway Children's Hospital today, I had to go back to vist the Orthopedic Doctor I am seeing. He was very concerned about me and said it is not normal for a girl of my age to be feeling this severity of pain in my back and hips. In February I had X-rays and CAT scans done, but nothing showed. They first thought I had a cracked spine. They then decided since it was too early to tell what it might be , the they sent me to Physiotherapy. That did not work ether, and my pain has only increased since then. When i went back today he said this was quite serious and very abnormal. He done a few simple excersises to see what movemetns hurt my back. The one that hurt the most was when we asked me to try to touch my toes. Of course I could not, but reached as far as I could. He then Pressed on my spine. It was very tender when he pressed the spine and the lower back/ Spine Area brought me the most terrible pain I have felt since this all started.

I am very concerned. They have scheduled me to have a Bone Scan, and I am anxious to finally know what the problem is.

How do they diagnose you with EDS? Do they use a Bone scan to find this?

I would also like to know is it inherited? Neither of my parents have this as far as I know, and from general research EDS is apparently inherited.

Hi Hon: I feel for you so much! EDS CAN be hereditary, I was the carier then I eventually showed signs of it. EDS - is usually known as double jointed or "rubber man syndrome" So you might have had relatives who were fun at parties!!!! ;-) XD

When you go see the orthopedic surgeon bring up EDS OK! And EDS CAN lead to curvature of the spine. So please keep me updated. And ask for Naprosin, that really helps with inflammatory and pain. See if he can refer you to HYDRO therapy, not regular physio therapy. This is MUGH better on your bones and joints. And if you can get it done at the childrens hospital, the pool will be warmer. My son has it once a week, to build up the muscles around the bones. I wish a painfree future for you hon and please let me know what he/she says. Just bring it up OK? Good luck sweetie!

I can very much relate to this topic. I'm 21 and have previously suffered from a lower back injury 3 years ago. Ever since, my back has been aching, especially when I sit for long hours at a time. I relied on both physiotherapy and acupuncture to relieve the pain and allow my back to fully heal. My physiotherapist recommended a lower back brace to provide me extra back support. Through my research online, I found a wide array of back braces to choose from at

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

My experience with back pain is that, with proper care, support and exercise, will keep the problem at bay.

Hi, Maximum of the people suffers from lower back pain, mostly in the USA. 80% of the people experience with back pain, lower back. It occurs injury, inflammation, stiffness and arthritis. Just follow some tips you can relief from pain. Keeping exercise, takes limit bed rest, sit or stand in correct position, apply ice, massage with olive oil. Take best glucosamine supplement for better results.

If you’re suffering lower back pain your local chiropractor is probably the first place to begin your treatment. Chiropractors are health care professionals who focus on non-surgical treatment of disorders of the nervous system and/or musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic care is generally carried out using a process of spinal manipulation and treatment of surrounding structures. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You are in so much pain.I am surprised no one till now has suggested to you that you need to see a chiropractor.Chiropractors use hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments, the theory being that proper alignment of the body's musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will enable the body to heal itself without surgery or medication. Manipulation is used to restore mobility to joints restricted by tissue injury caused by a traumatic event, such as falling, or repetitive stress, such as sitting without proper back support.
Chiropractic is primarily used as a pain relief alternative for muscles, joints, bones, and connective tissue, such as cartilage, ligaments, and tendons. It is sometimes used in conjunction with conventional medical treatment.The common goal of most chiropractic techniques is to restore or to enhance joint function, with the general goals of resolving joint inflammation and reducing pain. Some approaches use some force (spinal manipulation), while others are more gentle (spinal mobilization).