I have been taking 25 mg 2 x per day of Lamictal. I went from annoying low back pain to extreme low back, hip, leg , and groin pain. I started Lamictal 6 months ago and I have been having this problem for 5 months. Neuro and Ortho Drs can't find problem and xrays and mris show no problems. The pain has gotten so bad I am currently getting epidural spianl injections (2nd one) with no relief. I can not take narcotic pains med. I am rrecovering alcoholic and drug additict. Non narcotic pain med do not touch the pain. Pain managment is considering burning nerves in my back. I was doing research and come across others having the same problems with take Lamictal. Please help. I have a call in to my doctors to talk about Lamictal. Any advise or others reporting this same problem.

Thank you

I have had the same problem - first one hip (sort of the hip flexor area) and then the other hip. I have only been taking lamictal for a few weeks at a very low dose. I also had muscle aches all up and down my legs that were very severe. I got swollen lymph nodes and my doctor just told me to stop taking the drug.

My hips hurt as though they are "stuck" and don't want to move without pain - feels like a pinched nerve or something. I can walk but it's just annoying and somewhat painful as though something is "locked up" in there.

Anyone else had AVN Avascular Nercrosis while taking Lamictal???

34 yr old healthy male. Been taking Lamictal for 2 years for depression. 75mg/day. Have had neck pain. Shoulder pain. Recently in past 3 months have had pain in hips and knees. Went for MRI due to worsening pain in right hip. Diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in both hips. MD says the AVN is beyond help. Will need hip replacement in future. I also have been taking Androgel for two years. No other medications taken. To treat the AVN I have stoped Lamictal. Will begin alternative Plasma PRP therapy. Anyone else had AVN while taking Lamictal???

Since stopping Lamictal for two days, my neck and shoulder pain have stopped.

Yes, just had rt hip replaced and other has the same problem. Been taking it for 6 years. Only found out about connection today!!! Where else is it I wonder??
Lamictal certainly helped the depression, but at what cost.

I have the same symptoms. Pain is mostly at night and excruciating, wakes me up from a deep sleep, have to get up and take ibuprophen and rub my lower back and groin area with arctic ice. I can related to how severe the pain is. Seroquel did the same thing but was every night.

9 days on it and my lower back and hips feel like I got hit bY a bus and I can't sleep, constant headache. The first two day I felt great then the third I started to notice these problems