My lower back and hips are causing me pain everyday and then most days my right leg goes numb when I sit down

I've had a pinched nerve before, with the same symptoms. I would described back pain as one of the worst. Have your circulation checked by an appropriate doctor. Could this be an occupational hazard, meaning is it something that occurs with people who do the same type of work that you do? Could stress be a factor? Is your body weight a factor. These are questions you might consider before and during your visit to a physician. I hope you'll find solid answers soon.

Sounds like a pinched nerve to me. I had this several years back from overexercise of all things. It caused my leg to go numb when I sat in an office chair. Some home remedies I did that really helped were stretching, getting up into a standing position periodically throughout the workday, and walking. I elimated running for awhile and opted for something a little less impactful on my body. The symptoms subsided over about a months time.

If the numbness and tingling persists you should seek medical attention and have an MRI done to see if there is something going on with your discs.

Hi Gayle:
How are you doing now? Did you find out what was causing your pain? Did it just go away on its own? Were you having pain in other places as well. If so, where? I really hope that you are doing better now. We'd like to hear from you. I see a lot of posts about unexplained pain that could be pinched nerves as well. Your info will really help a lot of people. We look forward to hearing from you.