I had an abortion about 5 days ago and am experiencing cramps ... is extreme bloating supposed to come along with that?? I look more pregnant now that when I actually WAS pregnant!! (I was 5 weeks pregnant when I aborted)... am i worried for nothing??

Are you active at all?

Women mostly notice an increase in cramping, and thus bloating, when they are more active after their abortion. It is important to take it easy for a bit after an abortion, but some crmaping is normal.

What type of aboriton did you have?

i can complete relate! I had an abortion (surgical) 5 days ago and the second day I started to swell up and have very uncomfortable gas pains. When I called the clinic they told me to stop taking all the medications because it was a result from them. I have not taken them for a day and while the gas has somewhat subsided, I feel HUGE!!

Pregnancy itself causes a lot of gas, and if it is gas bloating, some GAS-X would help it a lot!

I had a surgical abortion two days ago, and while I was EXTREMELY gassy (painfully so) the last two weeks before the procedure (I was 13 weeks pregnant), the gas completely disappeared afterward. However, I'm bloated like nothing I've seen before, and look more pregnant now than I did when I actually WAS pregnant. Not having any pain at all, but wondering what could be causing this and when it might go away.

i had a surgical abortion 3 month ago, i was 10 weeks pregnant. Im so bloated even if i dont eat anything, i seriously look pregnant! Not sure what to do about it :S

hi everyone,
i just had an abortion 2 days ago and am in excruciating pain, cramps, right hip pain, and feel like im full of wind and constipated. how can i stop this.
i never have taken so many pain killers in my life and i have to drive is it ok to drive this early?

thanks for any replys :$ :$

OMG! I feel the same... I had a surgical abortion 4 days ago (was 5 weeks pregnant) and I thought I had a serious gastro problem..

Does anyone out there know what to do about the bloating?

wow looks like no one has the answer. i had my abortion a month ago and now thats its befor my 1st period im wondering if thats why im so bloated. just like you guys said, i look more pregnant now than ever!! is it from the abortion? please help

I had an abortion about a month ago and while I didn't experience too much bloating the feeling of being pregnant didn't leave for awhile. It really wasn't till after my first period (which lasted about 2 weeks) did I start feeling "back to normal". To error on the side of caution, if you feel later that you are pregnant and decide to take a pregnancy test be aware that the pregnancy hormone can stay in you body up to 6 weeks (for most it leave in 4, but everyone is different). You may still feel tired and like you are pregnant these things are normal.

hope this helps!

I think that's very helpful and thanks for posting it! I don't think a lot of people are aware of how long the hormone stays in the body. I appreciated reading about it. Thank you.

i had an abortion (pill) about 3 days ago, and i am experiencing the same exact thing: a lot of bloated, constipation feeling, and cramping. i was about 7 weeks pregnant at the time and had already begun to show, but now i feel a lot bigger than before in my lower stomach. it is also very tender to touch like the inside is bruised. it is also hurting when i urinate. It helps to see that others are experiencing the same sorts of things, but i just want to know that this is normal???

thank you.

I had an abortion 2 days ago and I've been severely constipated. My mom is an NP and said that the anesthesia causes constipation as well as the pain killers i was given (vicodin) because everything in the body is being slowed down. Hopefully this won't last very long. I'm probably going to try and just eat vegetables and fruit along with tea and water and see if that helps at all.

I had my abortion 1 month ago, and seriously look like I'm about to pop any day... People ask me when I'm due and I am sooo embarrassed to say I'm not pregnant!! What the hell is happening!? I eat healthy and organic, and exercise 4 times a week for 1.5 hours... There's no way my tummy should be so large! I can't even suck in.. I feel fat and I hate it! Can any of you tell me if this ever goes away!? :'(

I had a surgical abortion month ago, and now its been like a week bloatinh and feeling and having abdominal cramping and so tired, feels like I'm pregnant. I got the test and it happened to b positive.I called my gyneco he said maybe it is Bcz of the remaning tissue and I have to do the echo asap for it not to cause infections. Don't hesitate to take an appointment frm ur gyneco