I have been taking a sort of laxative polyethylene glycol 3350 and whenever I ask my doctor about taking antacid, zyrtec, or other over the counter things she says it's fine to mix them because Polyethylene stuff isn't really a "medicine" ... So would it be ok to take Hoodia or should I ask anyway?

its fine, it may actually increase uptake of hoodia.

Hallo,
Polyethylene glycol is a base of many laxatives and as much as I know it is used to help you with constipation. The mechanism of action is that it holds the water in the stool to soften the stool and by this it increases the number of bowels. The thing is that if you overuse this medication you can have diarrhea as a side effect and also dehydration can occur. So it is important to not over use this. I think that this won’t affect your intake of hoodia but you can always consult your doctor just to be sure if there are no adverse effects. I hope that this helped you a bit.
All the best to you,
Karen