Hi! I have been stung by a bee or wasp. I’m not sure because I don’t know difference between them. My dad thinks it was a bee. He removed a stinger from my finger and now everything is ok. But I’m wondering is there a difference between a wasp sting and a bee sting?

Hi! Bees and wasps belong to the same insect family and their venoms are quite similar. But their stings are not the same. The main difference is that wasp sting has no stinger left in the sting site, and the reaction tends to be worse. Your dad has right, you had been stung by a bee.

Hallo,
I think that they are very similar but if you ask me I think that wasps sting a bit harder then bees. I know that their venom is similar to each other but in some cases different reactions can occur. I think that you will be fine and that you do not have to worry too much about this. If you are allergic to bee sting you will most likely be allergic to wasp sting as well because they are very similar in many ways. The important thing is that you got the stinger out of your skin. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best to you,
Karen