It started about two weeks ago when I had a hard bowel movement and it really hurt and I bled, two days after I had another bowel movement and I also bled (note: not excessive bleeding probably some drops of blood and the stools have a normal brown color), the next day I took a laxative and I went to the bathroom fine no bleeding, the next day I only had a small bowel movement and it had blood on it (normal colored stool), next day laxative everything went fine. And I went to teh bathroom again and I have blood on stool AGAIN... I feel no pain when I have a bowel movement, I'm only 18. What could it be????

Blood on stool may have been caused by hard bowel movement, however it can be a sign of other problems. You should definitely stop the laxatives and try to get back to normal bowel movements, if blood persists you need to talk to your GP.

I am 36 and I've had this happen to me also. Sometimes during a particularly hard bowel movement, I could feel a little tearing and a small amount of blood would be on the toilet paper. However about five months ago I starting having rectal bleeding during bowel movements and also when I would only urinate. My family doctor suggested hemorrhoids but my gyno did an exam, found none so she referred me to a gastrointerologist. A colonoscopy revealed that I had an ulcer in my large intestine that was causing the bleeding.After a round of antibiotics the bleeding has somewhat slowed down. I suggest that you try to see your doctor the same day that you experience bleeding so that he can see if the blood is from a tear or something else. Good luck!!