I just got off the Birth Control Pill at the end of my last cycle. After having my period while taking the placebo, I stopped taking the pill. It's been a full cycle of 4 weeks and I still didn't get my period. I'm feeling alot of symptoms like breast tenderness, bloating, irritability, mood swings, water retention, but still no period. I've been off the pill 5 weeks now, I'm 30, and I've been on the pill for 3 years total in all my life. I stopped because my husband and I want a family in a year or so and also I don't like the effects the pill had on me. Nor I like the effects I'm having while getting off of them. It just feels like my hormones are all out of whack. I'm also experiencing low blood sugar, I'm very hungry, even after 1hr. of eating. I'm 5'4 and 130lbs and eat a very balanced diet, yet this is really throwing me off. I've gainged a couple of pounds typical of how I would prior to having my period, but it's not eleviating.
What are your suggestions on how to help me regulate my hormones and get back to feeling normal again, is all this normal? Have others experienced this?

I am accually in a similar boat. I just recently got off of my BCP's and I have been experiencing nausea, tiredness, and tender nipples. I wonder if it's pregnancy or just a flux in my hormones from going off the BCP's. I am wondering the same for you too. I also heard that if you get pregnant right away that it's hard to know if you have missed your period because of pregnancy or if it is because going off the pills delayed it! This BCP thing is driving me crazy. I can't wait to have it all normal again.