hey, so my names jonny im 17, im not sure weather im in the right place to ask this but might aswell try haha, at work 2 month ago i suffered a back injury carrying a kerb and slipped and twisted and fell and pulled my lower back out and 2 months later i went back thinking it was ok the first thing i did its just felt like been shot in my back :/, the doctors just keep telling me to rest and take painkillers, but rest did nothing i rested for 2 month it made no difference, the pain when it goes is in 3 small bones near the buttocks right at the bottom of my back, but the muscle on the right hand side is killing and when i walk it hurts alot after it goes tho it stops after 2-3 days but yet comes back when ever i do something physical what do i do..will i have to change my career :-(?, but the doctors never examine me they just give me time off..i dont want time off i want to go back to work i think they just think i want time off work..but i dont i just want it fixing and get on with it, my parents think i need a MRI scan..how do i get one just ask a doctor or...??....also ive been going to the gym since i was 15 and im very top heavy will that make the injury worse in any case?

thanks for your time x

Hi Jonny. I don't think painkillers and bed rest are the best ways to combat pain. I highly recommend that you try an electrical muscle stimulator (EMS). This is a tiny electronic device that produces a high voltage current in pulses that will cause your muscles to contract and then relax. Just attach the 2 pairs of electrodes over your injured or painful areas and carry them with you unobtrusively wherever you go. I used it regularly for sports injuries with a great deal of success. Pain often disappears within hours if not days. I bought mine online for just over $40 plus shipping. More expensive models come with up to 8 pairs of electrodes for a full body workout.
I am glad to hear that you work out regularly at the gym since you were 15. Being top-heavy is not a good thing, because this obviously was what caused you to fall and hurt yourself in the first place. Try working your lower body more from now on.

Sorry to hear you are in a great deal of pain. You may want to explore alternative medicines such as acupuncture for back pain.