I like running. I started with this form of exercise 3 years ago and it still holds my interest, which I cannot say for all other types of workout that I have tried. Anyway, I run several kilometers a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on obligations and my mood. Anyway, last week I sustained running injury, actually I slipped and hurt my knee. Now I can barely walk, but doctors said that nothing is broken, tendons, ligaments and muscles are all right. I cannot make myself to lie still for several weeks. Can I speed up the recovery?

You could but you should not. Your injury will actually do some good since you will rest your entire body from everyday exercises. If you are that much occupied with healthy body, then you should know that the rest is also important part of every sport-training program. As for recovery speed, as soon as you are able to walk, theoretically, you could go for running. There are painkillers, which could help you out a bit. Still, my strongest advice is that if you want your knee to be as before, quality of your running too, be patient rest that knee.