BRIEF BACKGROUND: I had a total abdomina hysterectomy when I 25 years old, 1 1/2 years after having my 2nd term child. I went on HRT for a few years and had to stop due to the endomitriosis that was left behind. They said it would take time for them to shrink, by the time they suspected all was gone I decided NOT to go back on HRT.

CURRENTLY: I noticed I am getting hot flashes, along with mood swings from being very emotionally crying to very angry. I am not sleeping well at all. Nothing has changed in my life with food, medications, daily life, etc.

QUESTION: Is it possible to still get hot flashes? I have heard before that some women will experience this at the time that they would of been going through natural menopause but cant' remember where I heard that at.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

PS to those that post here about their adventures, I am sympathetic and I apologize if I don't respond to them. I am just trying to figure out if what is going on is normal or if I need to see my doctor.

THANKS AGAIN

I had complete hysterectomy in 81   i am now 74 and last year i started having hot flashes.  I ask all of my Drs and i have plenty of them no one knows.  I have had cancer twice chemo, heart attacks, pacemaker , mrsa pnuemonis shingles, gout, arthritis all kinds.I can be sitting very quietly in a air condition room and sweat dripping off my face  and almost wipes me out.  I was in the hospital for seven days and the room was air and i was fine until i would get the sweats they had to change gown sheets and all.  I have never heard of such.  The Drs just look at me and no one knows.  I guess i am on the old peoples list to go and they are just thinking what next.   any answers let me know.

I had totoal hysterectomy at 34 ,couldn't tolerate hrt at that time .Was never bothererd with sweating till now 52 years old , It is ruining any night out i have because i am soaking after one dance. I am wondering if anyone knows if Menopuase is as much to do with age as with eostrogen. I am having more symptoms now that when i had surgically induced menopause