Hello. I'm 31 year old female and I'm seriously frightened that I could go crazy. About four months I had an operation called total hysterectomy because the week before it I was diagnosed with some tumor called leyomioma.
So, my doctor told me that only one radical procedure such as total hysterectomy could remove all traces of tumor from my pelvis.
He told me also that I will not be able to have children any more but I had no other choices. The operation went well but the thing that’s killing me is not the tumor but night sweats amp and hot flashes.
This last continuously for these three months and I'm going crazy. Is this normal? When should I expect that it will stop?

I really don’t know a lot about this but believe me- I think this is only temporary problem. You know that with removal of uterus and ovaries your body will loose all the hormones that are being produced by ovaries. The two most important are- progesterone and estrogen.
So, I guess you will feel almost same symptoms like if you were entering a menopause period.
These night sweats and hot flashes are the most common symptoms of menopause and they don’t last for so long.
Soon, you are probably starting with your hormone replacement therapy and believe me-when you start taking these hormones again, your body will establish a hormone balance and your symptoms will become ancient history.

I feel your pain!! I wake or I should say used to wake up soaking, but I have started to wear pajamas that are especially for night sweats. Check out Lunar Radiance. I think it is www.lunarradiance.com. I thought they were a little pricey, but I am not soaked so I think they are worth it.

I also feel your pain. I am 27 and had endometriosis for 9 years. 14 laparoscopies, partial hysterectomy and no kids later I had a TAH(total abdominal hysterectomy) in Jan '09. I am on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) 4 pills twice a day, and have no relief. I am also on an injection called DepoTestosterone which I get once every 2 months. I feel so much better after receiving the shot but only for about a week sometimes a few days longer. I am a Nurse, and actually used to work for the Dr who performed my hysterectomy, and still cannot get my hormones under control! I am so tired of it. I used to absolutly love the hot summer months, but now I cannot stand them! I am burning up and pouring sweat all of the time. And the mood swings are a complete different story that I have not even began to figure out how to control. I have done research and have tried natural ways but with no avail. Please, any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thank You.

:$ I my self had a hysterectomy 10 years ago!I will be 50 this year and I am miserable!I have constant hot flashes and night sweats all the time.I canott get a good nights rest.I sleep in sleeveless summer night gowns,because I get so hot at night!I burn up during the day at work and my coworkers act like I am crazy when I say I am about to burn up!I Still have my ovaries.Does anyone know of something over the counter that can help me? :$ :-( I thought things would get better!My bladder is also shot!

I am so thankful to read that there are others dealing with this issue. Not that I wish these symtoms upon anyone. I am 46 also experienceing the night sweats and I wake up soaked. The past 5 months have been so crazy, I dont know who I am anymore. Is this the memopause???? I'm not a partyier I used to go to church. Now, drinken, drugen, doing things I would never do. My poor therapist.
Iv been so suisidle one day and fine the next. I feel like two different people. Has anyone else felt like this or am I going crazy. any help out there

I had an TAH in july 2011 and the hot flashes are unbearable. I used the patches for 2 weeks and there were no relief, is there an herb that will relieve these hoooot flashes. help please

Black cohosh can be bought at a GNC store to help with hot flashes. I know that this works because I had a total hysterectomy last year and I am 31.