Hi. I suffer from hot flashes. I feel the heat all the time, moving around in my back, chest and head. It burns like the Sun. These hot flashes are not menopausal (I am 28 years old). What could be the cause of my problem? I had my ovaries removed surgically, maybe there is the link? How to cope with it?

Hi. About 80% of women get got flashes when they are in menopause. However, it is possible to have symptoms of menopause, due to some other causes. Some 85% of women who have had their ovaries removed get hot flashes. It is also possible that you are going through an early menopause. Many herbs and natural supplements can help you to cope with hot flashes. First, try to reduce stress. Exercise on regular base. Eat healthy food (avoid spicy). Avoid coffee and alcohol. Cold showers are the best. Simply splash the cold water on your face when a hot flash starts.