I think I am having hot flashes, but I am not sure. I expect that my menopause started six months ago, but they explained me that hot flashes come after a year or two, I talked about it with my sister. I felt like my heart is pumping faster and I started to sweat. What do hot flashes feel like? What parts of the body feel the heat from hot flashes?

If you've had one, there's no mistaking it, it feels like this: the sudden, intense, hot feeling on your face and upper body, accompanied by a rapid heartbeat and sweating, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, headache, weakness, or a feeling of suffocation. Some women experience an "aura," an uneasy feeling just before the hot flash which lets them know what's coming. The flash is followed by a flush, leaving you reddened and perspiring also you can have a soaker or merely a moist upper lip, a chill can lead off the episode or be the finale. I hope I answered on your questions what hot flashes feels like what parts of the body feel the heat.

Mine actually started as a warm flush that went up my neck into my face. And I remember thinking -- ok, if this is all it is... i can live w this for a few years!!!  (my mom use to have sweat actually run down her face during hers... well... about 2 years later, they truly hit in full force. It felt like I was incinerating from the inside out. As if my blood was actually boiling lasting generally about 2 minutes. But I would have 1-3 per hour. Not fun. 

I have been having problems with my chest neck & face becoming real flushed, hot & red accompanied with itching, I don't sweat. What im trying to find out is it hot flashes or an allergic reaction to something.

My hot flashes come mostly at night, the best description for how they affect me is my body heats up from the inside out. I can open my window and my body will cool down, my skin will be cold but I still feel the heat from the inside of my body.  Sometimes I have panic attacks as a result of the hot flashes.  This has been a horrible experience to go through

that is how mine started about 3 years ago. just at night but then they progressed from there unfortunately. i got relief for a while just doing the black cohash root from health food store - it helped a lot for about 6 months or so. I still get like a panic attack right before they hit, almost a confusion kind of feeling. very strange.

Did you find out if you were having hot flashes? I'm experiencing the same. My wrists and ankles tend to get a little itchy and they have been happening while I'm eating or about a half an hour after so I thought it was an allergic reaction. I have been taking 24 hour antihistamines and have radically changed my diet through fear of having more. I'm beginning to suspect they are hot flashes because I had another one yesterday about 20 minutes after eating. I do not sweat but my body turns red as a lobster and it begins in my face with a feeling of it incinerating. I'd love to have it figured out soon. If only I'd have one a few hours after eating, then I would probably know for sure.

I can totally relate to the incinerating part. I break out into such a surge the sweat runs down my face, neck and back. Nights are the worse, I wake up at 12;30 am right on cue, feel cool,so I wrap up and in about 10 minutes am so soaked with sweat I need a shower. Sleep is a thing of the past, if I get 4 solid hours I'm lucky. my hysterectomy was done back in 1997 and this just started about 2 months ago. I am ashamed to go any place in fear of having one and melting in public

OH MY Sounds dreadful....i'm 42 and I think I've recently started experiencing hot flashes...i feel so hot, from the inside that i need to turn on fan or open window (its winter in chicago) to get some relief.

OMG, laughing so hard, you describe exactly what I feel with these hot flashes. I have not had a night in 2 months that I was not up at least 5 times.

For the last couple weeks iv been waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes twice a night, feeling like my blood is boiling, from head to toe, hard to breathe, yanking covers off, trying to get cooled off in front of a fan, lasts about 5 minutes, feels like an eternity, lol, then I'm cold and have to cover up. I fall back to sleep, hoping n praying it doesn't happen again.