My Name is Jen,

I had a partial hysterectomy and a bladder lift several years ago at the age of 31.  Not long after my  operation I started getting hotflashes.  I still have my ovaries and have had numerous tests done and my estrogen levels are good and the rest of my hormones are good.  I have tried many things to try to get rid of the hotflashes including many different herbs, bio-identical hormones, actupuncture, and nothing has helped.  Is there anyone else out there that is experiencing the same issues?  I am wondering if it is because of the mesh being  a foreign object in my body that could be causing the hotflashes.  I look forward to hearing any similar stories.

Thanks.

Hi, My name is Ruth I was just looking this up and came across your post, I too have had a partical  hysterectomy and a bladder sling , now i am getting hot flashes and mood changes , I was wounder if this could be a result from this surgery which i had in Dec,2013 , I have not gone to Dr as of yet , but i was feeling fine before this surgery, I am 54 years old and now have many questions , Anyone know if this is normal or if something else is going on ? Please help , Thank You 

Hello Ruth,

Did you go to the doctor?  Could it be menoPause that your going through? I would like to know. I am still having hot flashes everyday and my estrogen levels are good.  I went and saw an endocrinologist (a hormone doctor) and he ran tests as well and said everything is good. I would like to hear an update. 

Jen