Hi I am only 24 years old and have had a partial hysterectomy and have leg pain mainly in my left leg more then my right..muscle spasams, anxiety, fibromaliya as well....every since the partial hysterectomy I have had this the muscle cramps knee pain you name all in my legs . I also have insomnia etc...basically the whole nine yards even headaches my doctors tell me im fine its just spasams or something,, but was wandering if maybe you can help me with this I have yet to find a doctor that will direct diagnois this problem....If I would have knew that it would have caused all this I would not have even had it I would have rather went through the leap procedures and biopsys....thanx

:cry:

I have had exactly the same symptoms. I am 41 years old and had a prolapse of the bladder. I had an op in 2001, they put a sling under the bladder aswell as a TVT and removed my uterus. I couldn't wee after the op so an urologist cut the TVT band and cut a hole in my uretha. The TVT keeps on pulling through the uretha and now I have developed a sack with fluid behind my cocsex. I also have the same problems as u in my legs and nervous system. I am in constant pain. R your problems sorted out by know? Waiting for my Dr to let me know what they r planning to do. I have develop a frozen left pelvis, which makes things difficult!

hi im 34 and i have pain in my right leg i have add cancer and last april i had my op and ever since ive had really bad pain in my right leg also my leg as swollen around my knee no-one seems to know wats wrong i think they think im ake care
lying well hope you are getting help im still waiting to hear on mine also i cant sleep but yet my body needs it a goood night sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzz take care ok just remember you are not alone on this

I had my surgery only 2 and 1/2 weeks ago and feel like I am losing my mind. I have the same symptoms as you guys. shooting stabbing pain and dull muscle aches in my legs and arms. I have had a headache since coming out of recovery. Everyone thinks I am either faking it or "confused" my gyno told me he had no answer as to why I had the headache. no one seems to be able to tell me what is wrong or why it is happening.

I have never felt so terrible in my life. Oh my goodness I don't know where to begin. I had a surgery in 04/08 in which I thought was going to be a search and find..I was told I was going to have a laproscopy and D&C. I don't know what happened to me but I am a changed person after this surgery and I feel like my life is ruined. I took a leave from work and my job is saying nothing is wrong with me. My doctor sent me to a psychiatrist. It feels like someone has some clamps and is squeezing down on my muscles in my legs right above my knees. I've been diagnosed with insulin resistence. I have these terrible headaches and I feel tired all the time. I have problems with having bowel movements. Sometimes, I feel like dropping down and dying. But, I want to live for my two children. I have gone to the doctor's constantly and all they do is throw anti-depressants at me. I've tried explaining there is something physically wrong with me. I'm screaming please help! please help! this is not me and I'm not getting anywhere. When I try to go back to work people are constantly looking at me saying, "you look terrible." I feel like my life is ruined since this surgery!!!!!!! Why me!!!! What's going on? How could this happen! I'm scared. I'm not getting the help I need.

In my search to seek out What is happening to me and to save my Mental State I stumbled across this roster and was in one way delighted to find people who are in the same boat as I am in, and also alarmed that Doctors are pushing us out the door and ruling our issues as Post Hormonal or Make Believe. I had a Complete Hysterectomy in Oct. 2006 since then my health has deteriorated dramatically.Initially it was horrible back pain, then pain in my legs, knees, thighs, followed by Severe Migraine Headaches. I addressed these issues w/ My GYN and was told that it was normal to feel this way following such a Major Surgery. Ok, Maybe the first two months or so I could expect this, But 2 years afterwards. One would think I would be feeling great. Wrong, I am not. Since my hysterectomy, the Migraines have became so bad that I am totally debilitated w/ them. I have seen Neurologist and they simply say take, Topamax which BTW, ( This made me hallucinate), Take Naprosyn, Percocet, Ibuprofen, Treximet, etc. I am a walking Walgreens and yet No one person has yet to say WHY the headaches began. AS for the rest of the body, the Joint Pain, Leg Cramps, Night Sweats, Ringing Ears, Changes in Skin, Hair, etc. All those things have been pushed to a Rheumatologist and I am told that I have Arthritis. Amazing, Never had this issue before Hysterectomy. In Closing, I had no choice but to have the Hysterectomy due to a elevated CA125 and a Mass in Left Ovary, accompanied by Endo/ a.k.a. Kudzu ( trying to keep my sense of humor here). But irregardless, I would think more physicians would be researching the Post Events of a Hysterectomy.

I'll make this short and sweet. I had the same symptoms as these ladies above after a partial hysterectomy at 44...Especially the migraines, joint pain and etc. As soon as I was put on hormones...they went away. If I miss a hormone...I am in agony.

The problem I have which hasn't been resolved YET (I am 54 now)...is gastrological.
The operation destroyed my life in that department.

I also had a partial hysterectomy they took my uterues out but not my ovaries. But ever since I had my surgery I also have left leg pain behind the calf. It hurts like my god. My leg has slight bruising and tender to the touch

When I first found this site and the testimonials about how other women have the same symptoms as I have, I cried. I thought I was the only one, and that it was the way the doc did my surgery that caused all this. I had a partial hystorectomy in 2001. My doctor showed up 8 hours late, and when he came to my room he was cussing and yelling. I told him we could do it the next day but he said he couldn't. When I woke up after the surgery a nurse came in to check on me. The doc said he was going to do a laproscopic/vaginal surgery on me. I guess because he was so mad he just did a vaginal one. When the nurse check my personal area she called another nurse in to have her take a look. The expressions on their faces told me that it wasn't good. She said that the doc had cut me extremly more then usual and that they would have to keep putting medicine on me. Ever since I got home from the surgery I have been misirable. The first thing that started to happen was my arms and legs were hurting and I have uncontrollable massive spasms in my arm and legs. My old doctor had tried everything he could think of including RLS tablets. nothing worked, except pain pills and I don't want to have to live on those. I have constant bladder and lower abdominal problems. I have incontinence, frequent urinating, painful urination and bowl movements, extreme pain in lower back and lower abdomen, headaches and excessive sweating. But I do have to say that the most frustrating of all of them is the pain and spasms in my arms and legs. it has been 8 years since and I am now 37 yrs old. Nothing has changed except that I am more frustrated. I have a new doctor now and after I had seen all these testimonies I called him and he is going to meet with me and try and help figure out what is causing all of these side effects. :cry:

Hello ladies I feel for you I have many health issues and my dr thought doing the hystorectomy would fix it all. WRONG! I am just like everyone else on here I am gladi'm not alone. I have been told the horriable migranes I have are hormone inbalances and stress I get them so bad I am on shots at home when they show up. I have had one main problem with my stomache I can only explain it as feeling like someone punched me. The dr told me I was at the start of ulcers and my stress over my health was making it worse. lol like I didn't know that already. The one thing that my dr did tell me was since I still have one overy that when it is supposed to be that time of the month my body will be in pain due to confusion well hell if I was gonna be in pain then why didn't they just take it, but since I am 33 she didn't want me on hormones gee thanks doc pain is so much better then a pill. I also found out from bloodwork and screaming I now have lupus and it explains alot of my problems. Ladies fight for the test it's easy and can be controled there is no reason to live depressed. I have another condition called rsd. That one is because a doctor cut a nerve during surgury because he was in a hurry so I have had to have an implant placed in my back that stops the pain before it can register with my brain this is a hard surgury to go through but it was worth getting out of that wheelchair. I am so sorry you are going through this I understand but if you need help with the depression talk to your doctor about cymbalta it is designed for people like us, you will feel the differance within 24 to 48 hrs it helps with the mood, pain, and helps me with energy to want to get up and move because before it I would of rather stayed in bed. I hope some part of this letter helps one person because it's been a long hard fight for me so good luck to all. Hey remember there is a reason why they say doctors are practicing because that is all they are doing and when they are stumped they blame us. Don't stop pushing or asking questions eventually they do the test to shut us up and sometimes they surprise themselves when we are right, but I have learned no one knows my body but me so trust yourself

I am in the same situation (mostly) I have had left leg and foot numbness for almost a month at a time!
I had a partial hysto with the left ovary left for the same reasn as the lady above, Dr felt I was to young to be on hormones and I did talk to my Husband as directed prior to this op (was 30 when I had the op) now i am 31 soon to be 32 and 3 days ago signed divorce papers!
Now i wonder sadly what might the future hold for my realationships going forward I cant have any more babies I am in constant depression and was already diagnosed Bi polar with a borderline personality and my OBGYN knew this and we still proceeded with noone EVER telling me mental changes could occur NEVEr did anyone even mention mental repercutions (spell that wrong?) anyhow cymbalta mentioned above also ...was on it before and they now have doubled my dose also i am on 25 mcg fentanyl patches.
I guess all I really have to offer to this page is THINK ABOUT IT! dont be pushed into a decision of surgery and if you decide it is your only option proceed with caution! 8-|

Oh my God I just read all of these testimonials and it makes me so scared. I am 40 and just had an abdominal myomectomy to remove uterine fibroids. The suregery was on Oct 14th and about 3 or 4 days ago I started feeling excruciating achy pains in mostly my left leg. I called the doc office today and have not gotten a call yet due to the doc being off for the afternoon. Have an appointment on Thursday so hopefully can find something out. But if this doesn't get resolved I will be getting no sleep and can not be comfortable at all. :-(

Hi my name is Deborah I am 49 years old and I also had a partial Hysterectomy about 13 years ago.
I sat down one night and research on this and came across all the quotes from everybody els that are going though the same thing.
I have been to many doctors because I didnt know what was wrong with me.
I have had alot of pain in my left leg and sometimes in my right.
I also constantly have spasm all over my body.
When I get a headache it can be very bad and have to lay there and pray for it to go away.
I know I dont have a uterus but I still get really bad pains there and I cant even tell you how it is, when I get that kind of pain that hurts the worst.
So for a long time I didnt know what was wrong with me and still dont know, but it makes me feel alot better knowing that I am not the only one.
What we all need to do is to Pray about it and God will have answers for us.
There was a reason for me to fine this and make me :-) feel better about all of this. And I can tell you after reading every thing els other people had to say it made me feel 100 better.
So lets start praying and fine out why.
Everyone take care and God Bless you all.

I am 36 and had a partial hysterectomy in July 2010, due to pelvic congestion. In Oct I started having back and abdomen pain again. In December I started having severe hip and buttock pain too. It's a stabbing pain when I walk and I've started to realize it gets worse at the start of my ovary cycle. So bad I can barely walk. I have seem gynecologist,orthopedic drs, had cortisone shots, physical thereapy. I get a few days relief before it starts all over again. I am also very tired and depressed, have shoulder & neck pain, headaches. Pain when urinating from a full bladder. I can't get a diagnosis from anyone!
I'm looking for any ideas!
Thank you!

I can relate well to the person who posted about the surgeon being several hours late for the hysterectomy- the same thing happened to me! Mine was late due to having had to deliver a baby, and when he arrived he was running which made me very nervous. I now wished I had trusted my instincts and refused to go through with it.

Although I had fibroids which were causing me very heavy, non-stop bleeding- my main complaint was pelvic pain and I knew that just taking out the uterus would not help. I asked him before I went under to 'Please look around' and his quick nod wasn't very convincing- he just wanted to be done so he could go home, IMO.

Anyway, I came out of the anesthesia while being wheeled to the recovery room. I couldn't make words yet but I was awake. I was very nauseous and felt like I was going to choke or suffocate from my own you-know-what. I started waving my arms around to get attention, and they were yelling 'No! No!' and my left arm got banged on a swinging door and it hurt incredibly for at least a year or two.

I also have tingling/numbness/weakness from the left hip/pelvic area through the inner thigh, then out to the knee, down through the leg and into the foot. I also developed what felt like adefinite fistula but never got a diagnosis- this still waxes and wanes today and think it's why I get so many UTIs. I also get what must be vulvodynia- a general intense burning that comes out of nowhere at a anytime. And the hip/thigh/leg/foot pain/weakness/tingling is still there and sometimes feels like it is getting worse. It is 13 years since my hysterectomy.