I had surgery done 3 months ago, they did a urethral sling, anterior wall repair,and bladder sling. I started having my right leg swell up on me and alot of pain in my leg about 2 weeks after my surgery. My doctor said I had an infection, so I went on antibiotics. My leg is still swollen and I am still having pain, as well as the lower right side of my pelvic area I am having a very painfull pulling feeling. My doctor says he don't know what is wrong with me but yet he won't do any tests to try to figure out what could be wrong. I am tired of being in pain all the time. Can you help?? Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about the pain you are going through. I have a friend that is going through the same thing. But it is in both legs. You need to ask your doctor to get checked for osteomyelitis that is if you had bone anchors with your urethral sling. My own doctor who is a female is directly against these types of surgeries. My friend has undergone 4 surgeries with no relief and is now in a wheel chair. It has been a year and a half and now the doctors are to worried to do another for fear she may never use her legs.

Women need to be made aware of complications that may come from surgeries. Doctors lets inform the patients of risks.

I, too, had the bone anchors, and am now starting to have lower back/leg pain, which I've never had before. I am going to try to get my records from my OB/GYN, and submit them to another Dr., and an attorney-women are being victimized by DR.s on a regular basis for this procedure...I would highly recommend women think twice about having this procedure done....

Hi..I am beginning to feel something is wrong..need your opinion..I have had a bladder sling done about 10 years ago..they had to use 2 straps as prolapse and they said they used pig material and anchored to my pelvic bones..over the last couple of years has been getting worse..used to be pain in groin area or pelvic..like a catch..sharp pain and I would limp for a while..I could not stretch my legs all the way out as their was pain in pelvic area when trying to have sex with hubby..and a little pain inside as well so sex has been painful..the last couple of months..have noticed pain mostly on left side..lower back and that hip and pain radiating down the whole front part of leg and into knee ..actually felt like my bones were hurting..or laying in pain..turning and mostly hurt at night while sleeping..

A couple of weeks ago I turned and felt something pull or give in lower body and could not lower my knees while laying down or getting out of bed..I could not sit down for a while as the pain was intense..it gradually faded..I have been having this low buttocks..low back..hip groin pain more often..I had an ultrasound done and did not find anything..I went to my regular doc and did exrays and they came back and said I had moderate to severe arthritis in hip and low back,,,I am 52..put me on mobic and flexerial..the last couple of years I have inside felt it may be connected to my bladder sling..was trying to rule everything else out..and yet sometimes it hurts to walk..if I sit to long..I cannot get out of chair and my bones in leg hurt..actually feels like the bones hurt..what do you think..and what can I do

Patricia

i couldnt agree more ive lost everything.. quality of life! as i dont have much of a life since being confined to my home 24/7 from severe pain.
and i must say that i am shocked at all of this bull, coming from drs only after the fact, will now assume responsibility and admit that mesh for tvt-o surgery was not SAFE NOR tested on humans and also knew that nobody knows how to remove it because they stated that the mesh was only ever taught to be put in , not out, which causes MOST bodies to reject the foreign substance, but this only causes more and more scar tissue to build up and the mesh never leaves the body, instead it ends up melting into our tissues and acts as one , which is completely disgusting in my opinion and is just plain unacceptable of dr.s decisions who hide this info from patients, 0 or small studies have been done for using mesh for anything other than what was listed, but they took it upon themselves to try it out with our lady parts, using us as guinea pigs and now so many of us have no real quality of life , pain that is severe in nature , an autoimmune problem and nobody believes in us, as well as making woman looking like druggies ....all they really want is to be understood, and if they could do anything and i mean everything to help rid us of our pain,,IN THE LEAST! IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT SURGEONS KNEW AHEAD OF TIME THAT USING MESH FOR woman HAVING tvt-o MESH SURGERY, WAS NEVER EVER DEEMED SAFE ! IVE BEEN LIVING WITH THIS SINCE MY SURGERY ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO, if im accurate......id have to dbl check, i feel for anyone out there suffering with anything medical related, i understand and hear you! xo much love