I had the bladder sling done and hysterectomy this past june. The doctor told me he did pull the sling tight since I am just 41. I keep having bladder infections every couples weeks or months. What the heck. I dont have insurance now. The scientific method was used on me (sling). I am scared , dont wanna have no more surgerys. Gotta go see the doc tomorrow or Thursday.

I had my 2nd bladder sling surgery last Nov. 1  Since then I've had 10 or more UTIs plus my bladder totally lets go in a moment's notice.  I have had accidents at the gas station, my office, outside in my yard trying to get my key into the door, JC Penneys, and most recently in a parking lot full of college students.  I have been trying one antibiotic per day to keep the infection away and 1 Vesicare to keep me from peeing myself.  I don't get that.  I had a severe pulling just after I woke up from the 2nd surgery and when I stood up and tried to go to the bathroom I threw up, heaving violently 5 or 6 times.  The pulling stopped after that.

I am going to see a specialist finally; almost 1 year to the date of the 2nd surgery, which was to lift the back of my bladder to be even with the front.  I feel like the back must be lower so the urine isn't emptying completely, causing the infections. 

I had NONE of those symptoms before my surgery but within less than 72 hours my life has changed; not the wonderful way my surgeon described; oh I'm a new woman alright.  But not a happy one.

Would anyone recommend having all the mesh removed?

Any questions I should ask when I see the new doc??

Hi, Kelly. What a miserable, embarrassing time you've had! I didn't have the mesh or sling. My urologist tacked the bladder up. I had a hysterectomy done, too. This was five months ago. I think I have my FOURTH infection started since then! I'm going to ask for a referral to a different urologist. Frequent infections seem to be common after bladder surgery. As is incontinence. I have to finish emptying my bladder standing up! Surely there's a specialist who knows how to take care of this! I read to take pure cranberry juice or pills. Oh...and when I told the urologist that I go too frequently, he told me to cut down on water. I do average about about 80 oz a day, so I guess that is a lot. But when I cut down, I get thirsty and still pee it out quickly. (not diabetic). So I don't think that is the answer. Hope you have found some good news by now. I haven't. I don't feel the urge to pee as much when I'm sitting down, and I have now started peeing my pants on the way to my front door, THREE times! If I have to go when I'm driving, I know I'd better find some place right then!.