Not being able to void on my own after tvt was done on 6-22-2012 June 22,,2012 i had a complete hysterectomy with mesh and sling for my uretha. everything was prolapsing including the pelvic floor. it felt like i was losing everything for about 20 yrs. then, i felt a smooth-like ball in the vaginal opening. i had gon to the dr. for it and ended up with surgeryl now, i am having problems voiding.A foley catheter was put in before surgery and still had it in for 2 weeks after surgery. i was self cathing for a month before surgery because i wasnt emptying my bladder. my bladder was holding up to about 1500-2000cc of urine. the foley was taken out and i wasnt able to void on my own. i would like to be able to void on my own again like a normal person. now, i have vaginal infection and on antibioitic and now they are going to try flomax for my uretha problem. has anyone gone through this problem of not being able to void and feeling like the left side pa my public bone wil ever quit hurting.

You just had this surgery done, maybe give your body time to adjust to the changes that have been made and you will begin to feel better

I recently had the same type of surgery - and now I am 2 1/2 weeks out from my surgery. I am curious did your problem resolve?? are you still taking Flomax?? and how long can this problem with not voiding continue?

mytwospringers wrote:

I'm scheaduled for hysterectomy and a pig skin sling and I am scared
49 and a widow.
What is recovery period like?