Hello, folks. My friend is hospitalized since he got second degree chemical burn. He was in touch with some acid, I am not sure which one. I would like to know how second degree of these burns can be treated. I will really appreciate all your responses. Thanks in advance, guys.

Hi, there. First, it is important to end exposure to the chemical substance. Another thing that is important is showering. But if the burn is caused by phenol, dry lime, hydrochloric and sulfuric acid, then water showering should be avoided. It is also important to control fluid and electrolyte status of the patient. He/she should be rehydrated. Combat against infection is also important. Every substance has a specific antidote. I hope your friend will be all right. Bye!

hi ive just broken my leg and am in cast, i was in the garage 2 days later lookin for summin when a bottle of white spirit spilt all over the cast soaking it through to the skin i didnt think anything of it until half hour later where i had a burning feeling, about an hour and half later the cast had come off in hospital and my leg was burnt due to the chemical the whole of my lower leg was burnt, was just wondering how long it will take to heal, if the skin will regain colour and if it will scar
they said it was a second degree burn