Hello. My brother was diagnosed second degree burns yesterday. He was burn with hydrochloric acid since he is too curious and puts his nose where it doesn’t belong. I would like to know when second degree burns will heal. How long does it take usually? Thanks for everything, guys. Your help will be appreciated.

Hello. Well, this depends on various factors. First, it is important how much of the skin is affected. Another important factor is the deepness of the burns. Let’s not forget about fluid and electrolyte status. Infection appearance can also be important. The main thing is that your brother visited a doctor. Usually it takes about 10 days to two weeks for second degree burns to heal. Scars can stay as a result, but it doesn’t happen every time. Bye!

Hi there,
You have to know that second degree burns are not that dangerous, but they can leave a scar. The healing process of the second degree burn is not the same for every burn, because there are various facts that can influence on healing process. I know that the burns from fire and from oil are not the same and they heal differently. Also it depends where did you have your burn, and if the skin is more resistant on that part of your body. You have to apply some topical ointment that will help the healing process. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco