I work as a cleaning lady in a big corporation and my job is to keep the toilets and kitchen on a floor of a building clean. I have the rubber gloves and uniform, but the chemicals I use are industry strength products and not once I got burnt by spilling it on my skin and in eyes. Could chemical burn heal without a treatment?

Most chemical burns do not need to be treated. In severe cases, however, they need to be treated by a doctor. If anything happens to you again, please follow the procedure: First, make sure the cause of the burn has been removed. Try not to come in contact with it yourself. If the chemical is dry, brush off any excess. Avoid brushing it into your eyes. Remove any contaminated clothing or jewelry. Second, flush the chemicals off the skin surface using cool running water for 15 minutes or more. Then, apply cool, wet compresses to relieve pain and wrap the burned area with a dry sterile dressing (if possible) or clean cloth. Protect the burned area from pressure and friction. That way you’ll be sure that you treated the burn with utmost care.