Hi, there. My daughter has recently gotten second degree burns. We were at the doctor’s and she was treated regularly. My friend tells me that I should put aloa vera on her wounds. I would like to know whether it is good for treating these kinds of burns. Thanks in advance.

Hello. Well, I know some persons used Aloe Vera for treating second degree burns. Some people use Aloe Vera gel and put it on the wound. Others use leaf of this plant. In any way, this should be put gently over the burn. Aloe Vera is considered to have some antibacterial properties. If the wound is mild and is in a small area, it is safe to be put at home. With more serious conditions, I recommend consulting a health professional. Before putting Aloe, I recommend washing the burn with water. People with diabetes, insufficient circulation, children and elderly people should apply Aloe Vera with caution. Good luck!

Hello i got a second degree burn on my wrist from hot bacon grease i use aloe Vera with lidocaine it works the best because it helps with the hurt

If you are unsure whether a burn is first or second degree, call a doctor. Treat with aloe vera if the doctor says it is a first degree burn. You may need to get a prescription for silver sulfadiazine cream, which is a common topical treatment used for severe burns.

Break them between your fingers at the widest part of the plant and squeeze out the gel from the plant. Rub a generous amount of aloe vera liquid directly onto the burn in a gentle motion. Break and squeeze as many leaves as are required to cover the burn.

• Aloe vera plants are very easy to maintain. They grow in almost all indoor climates, and in warm outdoor climates. Water it every other day and make sure you do not over water it. Offshoots from the plant can be easily potted to grow a new plant.