Hello! My friend has a brother who spilled some chemicals in the eyes during some chemistry experiment. He was immediately taken to the emergency care and he is fine now. Since my sister studies chemistry as well I am afraid this can happen to her too. I would like to inform her how to react properly in a case of chemical burn. How to treat chemical burn in the eye?

Hello! I understand your fear since chemical burns can be very painful and dangerous. But, you should know that all pupils get all needed information how to behave on chemistry classes during experiments. It your sister obeys the rules the possibility for an accident will be decreased significantly. If an accident happen it is very important to wash away the chemicals. The best way to get large amounts of water to the eyes is to step into the shower. Also, a visit to the doctor is obligatory.