Hello, guys. My friend was caught in a fire. Thank God, she is all right now, but she is in a hospital. She got second degree burns. Doctors say that it is important to prevent infection. I would like to know how they mean to do that. Your replies are more than welcomed.

Hello. Preventing infection is a very important part of the treatment of second degree burns. Even changing bandages should be made very carefully. Hands should be washed with soap and water before changing them. Fresh bandage should be put on a clean towel. Old bandage should be removed carefully. Burned area should be washed gently. One should out antibiotics crème over the wound. At the end, it is closed by clean bandage. If the situation is serious, then doctors administrate antibiotics orally or intravenously. I hope your friend will be better. Bye!