Hello, folks. My friend was exposed to a fire several days ago and he was hospitalized. He got second degree burns. I think he is in a serious condition and I would like to know whether it is possible for a person to die from second degree burns. Thank you for replying.

Hello. Second degree burns damage skin deeper than first degree burns. They are serious, but I don't think that one may die from them. Perhaps, if one gets infected and develops serious septicemia can have this as an outcome. But if one is hospitalized and treated right, everything will be all right. You can talk to the doctor of your friend. I am sure he will provide you with more info. I hope everything will be all right. Please, let me know how it went. Good luck!

Hi there,
You have to know that there is always a chance that you might die from burns but you also have to know that second degree burns are not that dangerous. You will have pain and there will be scaring but I think that most of victims survive this injury. I think that second degree burns can be treated and the skin will regenerate after several days in some cases this might last for few weeks. I think that there is no chance that he will die from his injuries. I hope that this eased your mind and that this was helpful in any way.

All the best
Danella

well Thanx i was jw

boobies Are Cool

If someone suffered 2nd degree burns on their entire body from very hot boil object, the person might not recover from it because it effects their whole human body system including your breathing.