Hello, folks. My daughter has just returned from her summer vacation and I found out that she had gotten some sunburns. Those burns were second degree. I would like to know whether these burns leave massive scars. I must say that I am very worried about my daughter. Thanks for your help.

Hello, there. It all depends of the depth of the burn and how much surface of the skin is taken. Second degree burns can be superficial and deep ones. If they are superficial, there shouldn't be scares. Deeper ones might leave scars. I know that there are skin implants that are used as treatment, but I don't know any details. Talk to your daughter's doctor. He will give you more data on this. I hope her condition is not that serious. Good luck!

Hallo,
Burns are very dangerous. I think that only first degree burns don’t leave no scar. But also I think that second degree burn won’t leave too big of scar but the mark could be noticed. It also depends how did she get the burns? Is it from fire or from some toxic material? I think that burns also heal different if they are made from different things. You should talk to her doctor about this and see what kind of remedy you can use to lower the burnings on her skin. I think that there are also over the counted topical creams that you will be able to use on her skin.

All the best to you,
Karen

a deep 2nd degree burn can leave scarring. if it's very deep, it's typically surgically excised and a full-thickness skin graft is used to close the wound.

however, 'most' 2nd degree burns aren't that deep and so they don't leave scarring (unless they get infected.)