I went to the hairdresser the other day and got home with itching scalp and the redness that didn’t go away. I tried washing my hair several times and all that happened is the new color of my hair is fading away. What’s a chemical burn treatment, for I obviously got burnt?

Chemical burns are burns from lye, acids, or other tissue-damaging chemicals splashed on the skin. Most of these accidents cause only first-degree burns. You did right by flushing the chemicals off the skin surface, but you shouldn’t use shampoo, just cool running water. The burned area can then be covered with clean gauze and, if necessary, treated further by a doctor.

Hi there,
I know that chemical burns are very dangerous. I think that the first thing that you have to do when you experience a chemical burn is to wash the area with a lot of water in order to remove the chemical compound from your skin. The important thing is not to use any acid or alkali in order to neutralize the burn from chemicals. Also do not use any antibiotic ointment on the burn as well because this will only make things a lot worse. See your doctor if the skin is not healing properly. I hope that you will get rid of this issue and that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco