I heard that third degree burns could be lethal, and I got sunburn so many times, so I know what first degree burns are and how to treat them, but was wondering what’s a second degree burn? What part of the skin it affects and how to treat it first aid?

Second degree burns, also called partial-thickness burns, affect the top layers of the skin, and may occasionally affect part of the deeper layers of skin. The skin is able to heal itself, but scarring may occur. They typically heal within 2-3 weeks. First aid for second degree burns is the same as for first degree burns, with an added caution: if blisters form at the site of the burn, DO NOT pop them!

Well,
Every degree of burn has its own characteristics. In the second degree burn you will notice that the skin becomes bright red and the blisters develop. Also you will notice that the burned area becomes wet and shiny. In most cases there will be swelling and peeling along with whitening of skin. I am not sure have you experienced this kind of burn but I have to warn you that this is not pleasant at all. I think that every part of your skin can be affected with the second degree burn. I hope that you found this helpful and that you won’t experience these kind of burns.

All the best,
Nelie